Thursday 1 November 2012

Why growing up sucks...

I know this isn't usually what I post but I needed a rant so here it is - this is why growing up sucks!

Don't get me wrong, there are many good things to growing up - being able to drink legally, being able to go to university, being able to do the lottery... many things! But sometimes, I do wish I was a 10 year old all over again. Admittely, that is probably my mental age.

This evening I've been sorting out university with my parents - a long process which has made my head hurt (I've never been good at Maths...). Then there's sorting out my university house, and bills and just gah... I want to go back to being young again, when all you had to worry about is whether you want potato smilies or stars for dinner.

It's weird isn't it; when I was younger, I couldn't wait to grow up and get treated like an adult. I couldn't wait to get in a car and drive, or get my own house and work. Yet now it's actually here, it's really not all that it's cracked up to be. I love being at university, don't get me wrong - I've had the experience of a lifetime. It's just the finanical costs which is making my head hurt, along with the growing numbers of assignments...

Being a kid was actually awesome. The ninety's was an awesome decade - we had the best TV and bands; I'm so glad I saw Steps at the 02 in April, took me back to being a eight year old for the evening! All we did as kids was go to primary school, then come home and often watch as many Disney films as we liked. Of course I still watch a large amount of Disney films, and still cry when Mufasa dies in The Lion King but I'm not supposed to do that being my age. I still have cuddly toys on my bed, and got a Nerf gun for Christmas last year. My mental age must be that of a ten year old.

So being a kid was freaking awesome! But alas, I must embrace the big world of becoming an adult and as much as I'm sure I'll enjoy growing up and working in my (hopefully) dream job, I'll still be a child at heart and watch children movies whenever I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment