Wednesday 24 October 2012

Iron Man 3 first trailer verdict!

So the new trailer for Iron Man 3 is out, yippee! I can honestly say this is one movie I have been looking forward to since... well Avengers Assemble came out in cinemas.



What's Cam's verdict I hear you cry? Well erm I'm sure your not but you get what I mean...? Ok this is awkward.

Personally, I think it looks pretty fantastic. The first film of this franchise Iron Man was a hit, a brilliant film by Marvel with box-office figures proving the same. So naturally the follow up, Iron Man 2, was eagerly anticipated and had potential of being as equally as awesome as the first. Sadly not. I was a little disappointed with Iron Man 2 - it was good don't get me wrong, but it wasn't on the same par as the first. By a long shot.

But I get the feeling Iron Man 3 is going to be different than the second. You just get that feeling that this is going to be one epic superhero movie. We see Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr), the "genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist" actually toned down - we see a more serious side, trying to protect his love Pepper Potts (Gwyneth Paltrow) whilst battling his own personal demons and the villains of the film - the Mandarin (Sir Ben Kingsley). As much as I like the loud Tony Stark, it's a good idea from the writers and the director Shane Black to show a different side to Stark; one which shows him possibly trying to control his own suit.

Whoever cast Robert Downey Jr in the first place as Tony Stark is a bloody genius. He just makes Tony Stark Tony Stark - it just suits Downey Jr so well. He may have had trouble in his past but this has to be one of his best roles he's performed. The fact he also worked with Shane Black on the film Kiss Kiss Bang Bang will bode well I feel for the film - for an actor to work with a accomplished director already will help the film.

The trailer itself has all of the things you'd expect it to have - dramatic music followed by explosions and battle scenes. I'm a little disappointed that the trailer just has to include some form of small dub step (vile music...) but it does go well with it I suppose. So points to the creators of this trailer at Marvel. I already the direction where the film is coming from, showing a different side to Stark and it was shown well in this trailer. The dialogue coupled with the dramatic moments worked well - superhero movies are made to be dramatic and you get the feel this is the case.

I get the feeling that this film is going be one of the films of 2013 - I certainly hope I'm proved right!

Iron Man 3 is scheduled for release in UK cinemas on the 26th of April 2013 and the 3rd of May in the United States.

No comments:

Post a Comment